24 hour cover is provided for our regular patients.
If you experience an urgent dental problem out of hours, please call the practice on 01200 424641 and an answerphone message will provide a contact number for one of our dentists.
We participate in a local on-call rota with other practices in Clitheroe and Whalley.
If you are away from home and a member of the Denplan scheme, please call 0800 844999 (or from overseas +44 1962 844999) and Denplan will put you in touch with a local dentist.
Contact the practice as soon as possible. Patients with dental pain will always be seen within 24 hours, and on the same day if you telephone before 10am
Effective over the counter painkillers for dental pain are ibuprofen or paracetamol. As with any medication, carefully read the instruction leaflet before taking it.
If a tooth is knocked out
Follow these instructions.
- Don’t touch the tooth root – hold it by the crown
- If the tooth is dirty, wash it briefly for 10 seconds under cold running water
- If possible, replace the tooth into the socket
- If you can’t place the tooth into the socket, place it in milk, saline solution or hold it in the space between the teeth and cheek (careful not to swallow it). The tooth must not dry out or be stored in water.
- Telephone the practice, explain the problem and come immediately to the surgery